Monday, July 2, 2007

Week Three . . . Moving on to New Projects


I can't believe it's already been three weeks since my internship started. I got a lot of work done the last week. On Tuesday, I went back to the Cambridge School. Construction there is coming to an end and the building looks really beautiful. The main stairway is finished as well as the concrete floors. They planted the green roof and the landscaping is also coming together. There was another construction meeting like the first time I went two weeks ago. Things like how to fix a crack in the flooring were discussed. The builders are going to put three chalkboards on the outside walls of the building so classes can be held outside sometimes.

Back in the office, I finished the roof plan. Last week I said I would use a special technique to color the green roof. Instead, I took a picture of a real green roof, pasted it into the roof plan, and cut it to the right shape. I also came close to finishing the landscaping. I colored the different levels of grass, the ground-cover plants, the shrubs, pavement, and trees. I chose the colors according to what plants will actually be planted at Brooks. I also colored the rocks using a gradient tool that gives them a 3-D look by making them look shaded. I'll finish that this week by adding shadows to the trees. On top of that I logged in many more submittals.

Preparations for the Brooks building's construction have started. Sadly, they had to cut down two trees, but the big Oak is still there. Here are some of the floor plans I colored:



No comments: